Gary A. Rankin M.D., P.A.
Dr. Gary A. Rankin is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist with training in diseases and surgery of the retina and vitreous. Dr. Rankin graduated from Baylor University and received his doctorate in medicine from Baylor College of Medicine. He completed his residency in ophthalmology at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary of Harvard Medical School. Clinical research and retinal fellowship training was then completed at Harvard’s Joslin Diabetes Center and the University of Texas in Houston.
Dr. Rankin has been in practice since 1992.
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. Rankin maintains memberships in several professional societies, including:
- American Medical Association
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Vitreous Society
- North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- North Carolina Medical Society
Dr. Rankin has numerous publications and presentations in the subject of Ophthalmology.